January 25, 2010

A WARM HELLO!


Happy Monday to you all! It was Kim's team again for the DT Challenge at Squigglefly. Her challenge this week was to make a summer card in January.  Before I go any farther let me just tell you how much I NEEDED to do this challenge, it has been so cold and snowy here in KC that I am beginning to forget what the sun looks and feels like! Ok, enough whinning!  This card was made using the Sunflower vase image from Susan Spiller you can find it here   http://www.squigglefly.com/shop/sunflower-vase  Sunflowers are my FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE flower of all time, so I will definately be using this image again!  ( I even have my kitchen in sunflowers because I love them so much) I did a little something different this time, and cropped the vase and the stem out and just played with the actual flower part of this image, made a tag out of craft cardstock and used some stickers out of my stash for the wording, all in all I like the way it turned out!

Go check out the other creations and join in on the fun! http://squigglefly.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Stef H said...

oooooooo so sunny & bright! love it!

it's been pretty dreary in illinois too.

hugs :)

Holly Young said...

Nice work Mandee! I like how you did the letters. I'd love to have some of your winter weather. It's been like spring here, but they are calling for a slight chance of snow on Thursday so I'm hoping!